The J. B Osborne Theatre was opened in 1978 and is named in memory of the second Principal of Kangaroo Flat Secondary College (Crusoe College). The theatre seats 382 patrons with a stage size of 9.5 metres deep x 10 metres wide. It is available for hire on weekends and most weekdays.
Among its facilities the Theatre has the following:
- A multi-channel sound system including fold back sound system, with a variety of microphones including a radio microphone and feedback eliminator. (professional or trained people to operate this system only)
- A stage lighting system
- A large control room for monitoring sound and lighting. Limited lighting can be controlled from the stage.
- Two dressing rooms each with a shower and toilet, and direct external access.
- An acoustically designed auditorium.
- Easy side access for stage props and equipment.
- Public toilets including wheelchair access.
- Heating and evaporative air conditioning.
- Storage space.
- A kiosk for selling drinks and food items. The kiosk contains a fridge and urn.
- A box office for selling tickets.
- Easy street parking for patrons.
- A College liaison person (Mr Gerry Truscott 5447 7722)
- Disabled parking in Olympic Parade and at rear of theatre – same level disabled access at rear of Theatre.
Booking Enquiry Form
For further information and to receive the full hiring guide including the booking sheet, please fill in the form below.