Year 10 Subject Selections Form 2021
Year 9 Subject Selections Form 2021
Resources: Years 9 & 10
Resources: Year 10
VCE and VET Subjects
VCE and VET subjects are elective modules at Year 10. Students wishing to complete a VCE or VET subject in Year 10 must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A dedicated approach to study
- Be highly organised with very good time management skills and a very good work completion record
- Have a high level of attendance for Year 9
- Achieved above average results in the subject selected, or in a similar subject area.
The College offers six Unit 1 & 2 VCE subjects for students to select. These subjects are:
- Biology Unit 1 & 2
- Health & Human Development Units 1 and 2
- Physical Education Units 1 and 2
- Industry & Enterprise Units 1 and 2
- General Maths Units 1 and 2
- Mathematical Methods Unit 1 (whole year)
The college offers students the opportunistic to participate in the following VET programs off-site. Please note, the following list is 2020’s list and not all of these subjects may be offered in 2021.
- VET Building and Construction
- VET Engineering
- VET Automotive
- VET Hair and Beauty
- VET Agriculture
- VET Animal Studies
Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning: Foundation Level
The VCAL Certificate is a senior secondary certificate that provides students with practical work-related experience, as well as literacy and numeracy skills that are important or life and work. Like the VCE, the VCAL Certificate is a senior secondary qualification and a pathway to many careers and future education. To access this course, students will need to submit an application, as well as attend an interview. Only students with very good attendance and work completion rates will be considered for this program.
If you like hands-on learning and would like to go to a TAFE institute, do an apprenticeship or traineeship, or start a job when you finish school then VCAL may be a good choice. Students selecting VCAL Foundation will transition into VCAL Intermediate certificate in Year 11.